Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring is Coming!!!!

And here, my best signs that Spring is actually coming to Chicago:

1. The boiler located underneath my unit does not run from 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. (interittently turning off every three minutes or so, then back on) all night long.

2. The Lake is no longer covered by icebergs, as far as the eye can see.

3. I can't leave my Diet Coke outside the back door for 5 minutes and have something that is ice cold. Dammit.

4. I actually have to use moisturizer on my arms, because there's a chance someone will see them and run, screaming at my dry skin. (No risk when it's cold as we Nannok of the North ourselves all winter here.)

5. The running gear bag no longer contains YakTrax, which are designed to grip the snow like chains on a tire. Dont' get me wrong, it doesn't mean I've put them away. But they're no longer "in the bag".

6. There's a serious increase in the postings on Craigslist's "Missed Connections" site, as people leave their homes and start looking for a lil lovin. It's spring. People have hope. Also, there has been a slight increase in the amount of men viewing my profile on Match.com. Note that hope doesn't necessarily mean ACTION.

7. David Letterman got married. Seems more like a "hell freezing over" moment, but hey, I'll take it as a sign of spring.

8. All the dog poo that people left in the snow during the winter is now lying on the ground, melting. It's lovely.

9. At least once a week, I wake up, and open all the windows without checking the temperature. Thirty minutes later, I'm a shivering mess. But at least I'm awake!!!

10. People are grilling. Really, is there any better sign than grilling? I think not!!!!

No comments: