Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bulk Purchases and the Single Girl

Okay, just a few notes here to update the world on the non-unemployment related aspects of life.

First, I'd like to admit that I'm using my Stability Ball as an ottoman. Probably not what Pottery Barn had in mind when they made this wingbacked chair.

Second, I might be turning into a carrot. Or an apple. In an attempt to watch my coinage, I purchased ten pounds of carrots (not baby, the real thing) and 12 Jonagold apples this week, from Dominick's and Costco, respectively. I needed fruits and veggies which were relatively cheap, and I scoured the per pound pricing like a woman with ten children. I felt pretty good about those purchases (better, say, than the Baked Lays Cracker Crisps - also known as CRACK for their finger-licking spice concoction which I can't seem to quit.)

Now, the carrots are pretty versatile. Stirfry, carrot sticks, shavings for veggie wraps - they really do the trick quite nicely. But the apples? All I really want to do with them is make muffins, and that's just WRONG. Sure, I can add them to oatmeal and slice them up with lunch, but really - I'm just not that into them.

So next week, we bulk purchase only vegatables. Who needs fruits, anyway?

No comments: