Monday, December 15, 2008

Just When You Thought...

I really hoped that yesterday's post would be the end of the crazy profiles in my Match.com inbox - but today, there's more! Like a Ginzu knife commercial that just never ends, today we present, THE ENCORE!

This post will be brief - it pretty much speaks for itself :) It began with another wink...and let me say, that while he says he's a 38 year old who meets my height requirements, he still looks like he's 50....sorry dude....


I would love to meet a person who enjoys living a green lifestyle, eats organics, [OKAY, SO HE'S GREEN, I CAN LIVE WITH THAT]

enjoys good movies, nonviolent, [DOES DRIVING AGGRESSIVELY QUALIFY?]

friendly, caring of all people, [IS NOT CONCERNED WITH PROPER GRAMMAR...AGAIN]

likes to volunteer, supports breastfeeding, [WHA??]

and loves listening to good music. [AND DOESN'T MIND MEETING MY THERAPIST BEFORE WE START DATING].

Willing to go to Lolly, [DUDE, THE COOL KIDS CALL IT LOLLA..]

dance at Neo, [RECOMMENDED AGE TOPS OUT AROUND 28, BUT SEE HOW HIP I AM?]

go to a street festival, go hiking in MI/WI, skiing downhill [UPHILL SKIING IS FUN, BUT WAIT...],

cross-country skiing [BECAUSE JUST SAYING "SKIING" WOULDN'T WORK?],

playing board games with friends over a glass of wine or beer, cuddling, holding hands, [NEEDY]

watch a movie in Grant Park, [SUMMER!]

carve pumpkins, [FALL!]

swim in Lake Michigan [SUMMER!],

have a sandwich in the woods,[FALL!]

taste wines at a local winery or tasting wearing T-shirts, [SUMMER!]

eat at Swedish breakfast places [WINTER! BUT ONLY FOR THE SWEDISH],

check out the volcanos of Iceland, [OTHER VOLCANOS PALE IN COMPARISON]

have a salmon fished out of a Norweign Fjord [AND SHIPPED TO ME VIA FEDEX]

skip through Jerusalem, [WTF? WHO SKIPS THROUGH JERUSALEM?]

have a beer in Edinborough [BECAUSE SCOTLAND IS THE HOME OF GREAT BEER]

and debate politics in France [YOU FORGOT SWIMMING NAKED IN A CANAL IN VENICE]




His Headline: Looking for Caring, Kind, Fun Granola.

I'm sure she's out there. The question is, why did he wink at me? I am clearly not caring, kind or fun, and while I camp and hike, I'm not exactly granola....

Oh well. At least it was entertaining :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are being too critical! How can you have the courage to contact anyone if you imagine the male version of yourself tearing apart all of your info? OK, the last guy deserved it, but you know, what really matters is sexual attraction anyway, the other stuff is just an excuse to meet. This guys responses aren't so bad, but if he's an weird old dude... Love you, hang in there and do keep posting!

Sallie said...

You're probably right! I will do my best to be less critical...but you have to admit it's kind of funny....but I'll be nicer...really, I will.... :)