Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Diaper Gold

Things I have learned in the last 24 hours, while visiting my friends who have an adorable 3 month old, named Jackson.

I am sure these are slightly different than the lessons my grandmother learned when she was raising children. And yet, do lessons about kids ever change?

1. A poor sense of smell can lead to undiscovered diapers, backs and onesies full of baby poo. This is fine if you're not responsible for keeping the baby happy, but not so fine if you're the one cleaning him up. And he might not find it enjoyable in either case.

2. Snow days are the same as non-snow days when you're on maternity leave.

3. Baby books that detail the milestones your child is suppose to achieve by a certain WEEK are the surest path to a nervous condition for new mothers. And I quote "I can't wait until he can roll over. Can he roll over? We're practicing rolling over."

4. Days spent with newborns are an anomoly of time, and space. One minute it's 8 a.m., the next minute you're wondering why Katie Couric is on the t.v.

That's it from Toledo, where the snow is deep, the air is cold, and the hot tub is is ready for visitors. Whoo Hoo!!!

No comments: