Friday, January 16, 2009

Sub-Zero

Going on day two here of sub-zero temperatures. Given that my last venture outside the friendly confines was Tuesday, I headed out today for some grub.

You would think venturing to a bagel shop a mere 6 blocks away would result in few life lessons.

Oh, how wrong you would be!

Lesson No. 1: When it's below zero, a funeral procession will stop for a pedestrian. (Er, yes, that would be me.)

Lesson No. 2: When you knock over a 32 ounce soda in your car and the contents begin spilling into your insanely expensive purse, fret not. At sub-zero, the liquid almost immediately freezes wherever it stands, and you can merely brush off all Diet-Coke related goodness from said leather in tiny frozen droplets. THANK YOU GOD.

Lesson No. 3: My coat collection is better than Sarah Jessica Parker's closet full of Jimmy Choos. Today's combination LL Bean 200 weight fleece and North Face Gore-Tex parka was windproof and warm. And at least 5 years old. (My old roommate could never understand why I had so many coats. THIS is why.) Granted, I was looking pretty gender-indeterminate in tis ensemble, but below the zero mark, no one really cares.

Gotta pack - the plane to Phoenix leaves in less than 19 hours!!!

No comments: