Thursday, January 29, 2009

Delusions of Grandeur

Just a quick note from Chicago, where, today, it seems that delusions of grandeur are the story.

I listened to the Guv's impassioned speech before the Illinois Senate this morning (before they voted unanimously to impeach him.) He made some good points, I'll admit. First, the House was quite stupid to include in the Articles of Incorporation acts which occurred before this term. The Guv was right, that the people knew he had done these things; and we elected him anyway. The Senate, technically, shouldn't have the right to pretend that these issues are anything new.

However, when The Guv stands in the Senate and says "look, we've all got dirty hands" and "I was just trying to get medicine to sick kiddies" I think he understates, perhaps, what he was doing to make money for himself at the same time.

I'm glad he's been impeached. I'm glad we have a Governor who can govern. But I can't help but wonder if there were many, many mental health professionals watching today's show and thinking "dude, this guy compares himself to Ghandi and Martin Luther King, bring on the meds!"

On an a related note, it appears that our state's problem with Hype has made its way to Craigslist, where I found this picture posted earlier today:



I was LOOKING for a sofa table, for less than $10.00. (For my entry hallway). This came up, described as "Contemporary Sofa Table, Cream, Modern".

Is it just me, or is this an ironing board on a solid foundation?

As I said, Delusions of Grandeur.

1 comment:

thehazlettfamily said...

What a good observation. I saw the pic and before I could read your caption, I thought...that sure looks like a fancy ironing board.