Thursday, January 15, 2009

In the Community

Quick note from Racine, Wisconsin today, home of SC Johnson, A Family Company.

The Mayor was arrested on charges of attempting to solicit sex with a minor.

Yep, that Racine - it's exactly the kind of place I'd want to raise a family. I wonder if my old boss is "walking the streets" or "going to church" to get a feel for what people are saying (her instructions to me about how to get immersed "in the community".

More likely, the powers that be are just APPALLED at what's happened. (And wondering how this might affect recruiting.)

What I find realistically appalling is that the judgeallowed the Mayor out on bail with the restriction that he not leave the area, not drink, and not have contact with any minors, except, of course, his OWN TEENAGE DAUGHTER.

I'm thinking I made the right call, not moving to Racine. Clearly the only thing required for residency is a lack of brainpower.

(Oh, no, not bitter at all....)

No comments: